A Passion for Changing Lives
I am truly blessed to love my profession. Every day I help wonderful people make lasting, healthy changes in their lives. I love it when a proud parent or former patient shows me pictures, years after treatment, of graduation, the prom, and even wedding photos. It’s rewarding to know that in some way, I have touched their lives.
I love getting to know each of my patients and their families. It’s truly a joy to watch a patient’s personality blossom as he or she sees a new smile appear. Each patient’s self-esteem grows, and with it their confidence. They begin to smile and laugh openly and comfortably, and not worry about their previously crooked teeth.
Being an orthodontist is about working with and directly helping people make positive changes in their life. I cannot imagine a more fulfilling profession.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts in biology, cum laude – Wittenberg University (Wittenberg Alumni Scholar; Alpha Lambda Delta Women’s Honorary; Beta Beta Beta; Biology Honor Society; Outstanding Young Women of America Award)
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Temple University School of Dentistry (graduated top of class; Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society; Auerbach Memorial Award)
- Master of Science in Dentistry – Temple University School of Dentistry
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Temple University School of Dentistry
Patients and parents trust me to provide the highest level of clinical care. I take that responsibility very seriously. I’m committed to life-long learning, and always expanding my knowledge and skills. Orthodontics is constantly evolving: New techniques and technologies allow me to provide ever-better care and treatment options to my patients.
- American Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- Harrisburg Area Dental Society
I grew up in Rosemont, a suburb of Philadelphia. I moved to the Harrisburg area in 1990 and am glad to be part of such a wonderful community. My husband, Peter Henninger, and I met in college. He’s an attorney who practices in Hershey.
When I’m not caring for patients, my favorite pastimes include gardening, golfing, and traveling.